Two smokin channels of mic preamp, coming right up!
Not only does it look right and feel right, the sound is exceptional. This is in part thanks to a pair of valves on each channel (12AX7A and 12AT7), and also thanks to some serious heritage in analogue circuitry.
You can plug a microphone in, and select impedance. Use it as a cranking bass DI (also with selectable impedence), or you can plug a line level signal in and rather than relying on 2-610 as your preamplifier, you can run the signal through and take full advantage of the high / low shelving EQ, while deciding just how hard you'd like to smack the valves.
- All-tube dual channel preamplifier derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- High and Low shelving EQ
- Mic, balanced line and Hi-Z inputs
- Custom wound double sized alloy transformers
- Front panel -15 dB Pad switch
- Improved EQ circuit and more “open” sonics
- Ultra quiet operation
- Updated “silverface” cosmetics; enhanced build quality
- Hand-built in USA