If you buy just one set of headphones for the studio, these are the ones.
Excellent for both detailed monitoring of signal, as well as being enclosed to stop spill during the tracking process.
Huge frequency response (5-30,000Hz) with velvet earpads.
Also very popular for live engineers.
DT 770/880/990 History:
The legendary DT 770/880/990 series has its roots back in 1981, when the DT 880 was launched - the first dynamic headphone with electrostatic characteristics. In 1985 the DT 770 and 990 models were introduced, completing the series and providing the market with a choice of closed (DT 770), semi-open (DT 880) and open (DT 990) types, for maximum flexibility.
- Closed, diffuse-field studio headphone
- "Bass reflex" technology for improved bass response
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Single-sided cable
- Velour, circumaural ear pads
- 3.0m (9.8 ft.) coiled cable
- Including drawstring bag
|Headphone design (operating principle)||Closed|
|Headphone impedance||250 ohms|
|Headphone frequency response||5 - 35.000 Hz|
|Nominal sound pressure level||96 dB|
|Construction||Circumaural (around the ear)|
|Cable & plug||Coiled connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & ¼“ adapter (6.35 mm)|
|Net weight without packaging||270 g|