This newest offering from Zoom is more than 'just a handy recorder', it's a 6-track beast!
In a nutshell, the body is a 4-track recorder - with individual combo inputs (that accept either XLR or 1/4" jack) and gain knobs, plus you choose which capsule goes 'on top' for the extra 2 channels - either mic or line.
In the pack you get an X/Y capsule, offering two cardioid condenser capsule, rotatable through either 90° or 120°. At over 1/2", they're relatively large for what you'd normally find on a handheld device. You also get the M/S capsule, featuring a cardioid and a figure-8 microphone capsule. H6 has onboard MS decoding, so you're set for easy street. Both the XY and MS capsules have gain control knobs on board, in keeping with the easy control of this recorder.
Connect to your laptop for file transfer, or to use as your DAW interface. Record directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards, up to 128GB capacity.
AND you can add extra capsules for versatility, including the TRS/XLR input capsule for 2 x extra holes for inputs (doesn't pass phantom power), or the magnificent shotgun capsule.
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain controls (real knobs) and -20dB pads for each input
- Phantom power for all main inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large full-color LCD display, angled so it's easy to read in all environments
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Independent monitor and playback mixes
- Virtual VU meters
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- Overdubbing, up to 99 takes
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalise, Divide and Trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop Playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%
- Variable pitch per track without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Camera strap mounts
- Mounts directly to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries