Old school meets new school? Not quite. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets Universal Audio's uncompromising standards, making 1176LN true to the original.
A worthy addition to any studio, every effort was made to remain faithful to UA founder Bill Putnam Sr.'s visionary design and intentions. The original UA 1176LN was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, being the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound, setting the standard for all limiters to follow.
The ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound have lured legendary artists and studio moguls alike to the 1176LN - Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Joe Chiccarelli, Vance Powell, and Mike Elizondo are just a few names on a list that’s continued to grow, for nearly 50 years.
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- Ultra fast attack time -20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-year limited warranty
Output Load Impedance
Signal to Noise Ratio