As with any member of the Protector Case™ range by Pelican, 1400 is made in USA to the strict Pelican quality tolerances.
Inside Dimensions (L X W X D): 30 x 22.5 x 13.2 cm
A closer look at the internal depth shows 10.2 cm in the bottom section, and 3 cm in the lid depth – however all of this is filled with foam.
You get a single convoluted foam layer in the lid, while the base has a thin (1.25 cm) foam layer, which is covered by a chunky (8.5 cm) section of Pelican’s Pick N Pluck™ foam, to help customise the fit for your gear.
Pelican 1400 features:
– Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
– Easy open Double Throw latches
– Open cell core with solid wall design – strong, light weight
– O-ring seal
– Automatic Pressure Equalisation Valve – balances interior pressure, keeps water out
– Stainless steel padlock protectors
– Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
– Stainless steel hardware
– Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
External Dimensions (L X W X D): 34 x 29.5 x 15.2 cm
Weight (with foam): 2 kg