As with any member of the Protector Case™ range by Pelican, 1440 is made in USA to the strict Pelican quality tolerances.
Inside Dimensions (L X W X D): 43.4 x 19.1 x 40.6 cm
A closer look at the internal depth shows 35.5 cm in the bottom section, and 5.1 cm in the lid depth – however all of this is filled with foam.
You get a single convoluted foam layer in the lid, while the base has a more layers of Pelican’s Pick N Pluck™ foam than you’d find in a food court lasagna, to help customise the fit for your gear.
Pelican 1440 features:
– Retractable extension handle
– Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings
– Easy open Double Throw latches
– Open cell core with solid wall design – strong, light weight
– O-ring seal
– Automatic Pressure Equalisation Valve – balances interior pressure, keeps water out
– Stainless steel padlock protectors
– Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
– Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
– Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
External Dimensions (L X W X D): 50 x 30.5 x 45.7 cm
Weight (with foam): 7.5 kg