As with any member of the Protector Case™ range by Pelican, 1520 is made in USA to the strict Pelican quality tolerances.
1520 is designed to carry a large amount of gear, while still being small enough for easy handling.
Inside Dimensions (L X W X D): 45.9 x 32.7 x 17.1 cm
A closer look at the internal depth shows 12.7 cm in the bottom section, and 4.5 cm in the lid depth – however all of this is filled with foam.
You get a single convoluted foam layer in the lid, while the base has a thin (1.25 cm) foam layer, which is covered by a chunky (10 cm) section of Pelican’s Pick N Pluck™ foam, to help customise the fit for your gear.
Pelican 1520 features:
– Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
– Easy open Double Throw latches
– Open cell core with solid wall design – strong, light weight
– O-ring seal
– Automatic Pressure Equalisation Valve – balances interior pressure, keeps water out
– Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
– Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
– Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
External Dimensions (L X W X D): 50.2 x 40.1 x 18.8 cm
Weight (with foam): 4.2 kg