As with any member of the Protector Case™ range by Pelican, 1550 is made in USA to the strict Pelican quality tolerances.
1550 is designed to carry a large amount of gear, while still being small enough for easy handling.
Inside Dimensions (L X W X D): 47.3 x 36 x 19.6 cm
A closer look at the internal depth shows 14.9 cm in the bottom section, and 4.4 cm in the lid depth – however all of this is filled with foam.
You get a single convoluted foam layer in the lid, while the base has a thin (1.25 cm) foam layer, which is covered by a two chunky (6.3 cm each) sections of Pelican’s Pick N Pluck™ foam, to help customise the fit for your gear.
Pelican 1550 features:
– Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
– Easy open Double Throw latches
– Open cell core with solid wall design – strong, light weight
– O-ring seal
– Automatic Pressure Equalisation Valve – balances interior pressure, keeps water out
– Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
– Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
– 2-level Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
External Dimensions (L X W X D): 52.5 x 43.7 x 21.3 cm
Weight (with foam): 5.4 kg