A four-channel mic preamp with digital outputs? The 4-710d goes way past that!
For starters, let's check out the 4 x mic/line/DI input channels. For each of the channels, you can plug a mic or line signal via XLR into the back panel. While you're around the back, you'll notice that each of the channels has not only an XLR for analogue line output, but also balanced 1/4" send and return jack sockets.
Of course, there's every chance you'll never need to insert a comp or limiter into the chain, because around the front panel you'll notice that each channel has an 1176-style compression circuit built in, with selectable 'fast', 'slow' or 'off' settings. Can't choose between solidstate or valve sound? There's a continuously variable 'blend' knob on each channel, so you can tweak your tone until your ears are perfectly happy.
Need to plug a bass or other instrument straight in? Front panel is your friend again. 4 x HiZ DI jack sockets are on the front.
AND there is a built-in ADAT output. Not only can you send your 4 golden channels of mic pre / DI out via digital, there are an additional 4 channels of line input, so you can digitise 8 channels at once!
Just in case ADAT isn't your favourite digital flavour, there's also and AES/EBU output via D-Sub.
4-710d really is a great package.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor