Leaving other channel strips suffering inferiority complexes, 6176 combines 610B tube mic pre with the legendary 1176LN limiting amplifier.
The 610B pre is detailed and has powerful hi & low EQ sections and 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history.
Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of its Class A output amplifier have stamped themselves on countless records.
For an in depth look at what goes into 6176, click the video tab below
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section — heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
- “Split” or “Join” switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
In “Join” mode, a single input signal is fed through the microphone/instrument preamp and then through the compressor. In “Split” mode, one signal can be fed into and out of the preamp/EQ section while a second can be fed into and out of the compressor section.