Avid Pro Tools® | HDX Core (PCIe card) is the hardware engine extension of Pro Tools | Ultimate™ software, delivering the DSP power, scalability, and reliable performance that make the most demanding music and audio post-production workflows possible.
With HDX Core as the basis of your Pro Tools | Ultimate system, you’re set to add some I/O and weave your magic. Don’t forget, if you’re not using a Windows or Mac ‘tower’, you’ll need to house HDX Core in a Thunderbolt 3 Chassis (either desktop or rack version).
Talk with us when it’s time to jump in and pick the best I/O for your studio situation – including HD I/O and/or MTRX Studio and more.
SCALE YOUR SYSTEM FOR ANY PROJECT
Whether tracking a 5-piece band, full orchestra, or re-recording a theatrical Dolby Atmos® mix, you can scale the system’s DSP and physical I/O to any project requirement. Connect multiple Pro Tools hardware I/O interfaces to a single 64-channel HDX card. Install up to three HDX cards in a single system for more demanding projects, supporting up to 768 voices and 192 I/O channels while delivering smooth, uninterrupted performance.
Pro Tools | HDX is the industry’s most powerful DSP platform, providing 18 TI FPGA chips per card and 6.3 GHz aggregate processing, so you can handle the largest, most complex sessions with confidence. Record and mix thousands of tracks and plugins in real time. Monitor your system performance, so you always know if you have the headroom to add more AAX DSP plugins to your mix.
Pro Tools | HDX features:
- Track and mix the largest sessions with the most powerful DSP audio workstation
- Get the lowest latency in the industry – only 0.7 ms
- Capture and monitor pristine-quality sound with premium Pro Tools hardware I/O interfaces
- Record, edit, and mix with award-winning Pro Tools | Ultimate software
- Toggle easily between DSP and native processing for greater workflow flexibility
- Create fluidly with the expansive and growing AAX DSP plugin platform
- Integrate outboard gear as easily as inserting plugins with automatic input delay compensation
- Scale your DSP, voice count, and I/O capacity for any workflow
- Accelerate Dolby Atmos workflows with all the I/O channels you need
- Get the utmost reliability and peace of mind that comes with guaranteed voice counts and performance
||18 x 350 MHz TI processors per HDX card
(6.3 GHz aggregated processing)
|Simultaneous voices/audio tracks @ 48/96/192 kHz**:
||256/128/64 (scalable up to 768 with three HDX cards)
|Channels of I/O:
||64 (scalable up to 192 with three HDX cards)
|Automatic Delay Compensation for hardware inserts
||32-bit floating point
||64-bit floating point
||Avid-qualified Mac or Windows computer
visit avid.com/hdx for details)
* Latency calculated using a 96 kHz sample rate with a 64-sample buffer. Tests run using Pro Tools | HDX with Pro Tools | HD I/O.
** Audio tracks based on sample rates of 48/96/192 kHz, respectively. Installing additional cards will increase track counts to the maximum allowable.