Alpha Channel – show your DAW who’s boss.
With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks, Alpha Channel offers a studio class mic pre and processing, based on SSL’s years of experience in designing the world’s leading analogue recording consoles.
Input is via front panel with a combi connector (1/4" for guitars or XLR for microphones), and you can select from the buttons next to it: HiZ (instrument DI), PAD (-20dB), 48V (for condenser microphones), and Ø (phase reverse).
You also get a gain control knob, along with Variable Harmonic Drive control.
In between this input stage and the output level knob (which drives your analog output, or SPDIF), there is some magic. Use the insert points as either pre or post EQ, plus you've got a choice of 3 filters (40, 80, 120Hz) and a comprehensive 3-band EQ section.
A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you’ve heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is here in the Alpha Channel.
With the classic combination of a mic preamp, filter, EQ and dynamics, the XLogic Alpha Channel brings SSL’s sonic legacy bang up to date in an analogue channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your digital audio workstation.
- Professional ultra clean mic preamp with line level & Hi Z instrument input switches
- ‘Variable Harmonic Drive’ circuit; a Time Machine of distortion characteristics
- High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cutoff frequency
- Built in professional quality Analogue to Digital conversion - as standard
- Auto sample rate sensing and self adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid freq Q control and dual LF curves
- Intelligent auto compression that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping