The Thunderbolt™ Option Card for older version of Apollo and Apollo 16 audio interfaces provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection.
The user-installable Thunderbolt Option Card includes two Thunderbolt ports, and easily slides into the expansion bay of the Apollo. Bus power is provided to all downstream Thunderbolt devices, allowing music producers to connect peripherals in series with the Apollo interface - including hard drives, processors, and computer displays.
When the Thunderbolt Option Card is engaged, Apollo’s FireWire 800 ports are instantly reconfigured as a hub for connecting FireWire devices, such as a hard drive or a UAD-2 Satellite.
- Enables Thunderbolt technology for Apollo DUO and QUAD Audio Interfaces on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 2 Thunderbolt ports supply bus power for convenient daisy-chaining of peripherals
- Allows Apollo’s built-in FireWire ports to be repurposed as a FireWire 800 hub over Thunderbolt
- Easy user installation – tool and instructions included
- Requires Apollo audio interface
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately