For a simple, no-fuss recording solution, look no further than AudioBox iTwo (or the even smaller AudioBox iOne)
An excellent choice for mobile musicians, sound designers, and podcasters, the USB 2.0 bus-powered AudioBox iTwo provides high-quality audio I/O for Mac®, PC, and Apple iPad®.
AudioBox iTwo has 2 x combi XLR/jack microphone and instrument inputs on the front panel, each with individual gain control knobs. You can record both channels at the same time - either directly into your iPad via Capture Duo - a free App Store download - or into your computer, using StudioOne Artist.
There's headphone jack (with volume knob) on the front panel, along with a great big level wheel to control your studio monitors (main L&R outputs on the rear, via 1/4" balanced jack sockets).
There is also MIDI I/O on the rear panel.
And the summary from Presonus:
"These compact, ruggedly built interfaces offer high-performance Class A mic preamplifiers, record 24-bit audio at up to 96 kHz, and include powerful, easy-to-use Studio One® Artist DAW for Mac and Windows and Capture™ Duo recording software for iPad"
Need a microphone and some headphones with your interface?
Check out the full package by Presonus: AudioBox iTwo Studio
- Bus-powered USB 2.0/iPad audio interface
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
AudioBox iTwo Inputs and Outputs:
- 2 microphone inputs with low-noise, high-headroom, Class A mic preamplifiers and +48V phantom power
- 2 switchable line/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main line-level outputs
- 1x1 MIDI In/Out
- Stereo headphone output with independent level control
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer (variable mix via Mix knob)
- Large main volume knob
- Signal present and clipping LEDs
- Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) and 6+ GB of third-party resources
- Transfer files wirelessly from Capture for iPad to Studio One
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad®
- Nimbit® Free account to distribute and sell your music
Construction and Security:
- Kensington lock hole
- Metal chassis