One of our favourite little USB interfaces got itself an upgrade: now the AudioBox 22 comes packed with VSL - Virtual StudioLive software to let you record with effects, and no audible latency. Very handy for tracking with a pinch of compression, EQ, and/or reverb in the cans to grab an awesome performance.
Hardware: 2 mic / line inputs, headphone level control, main out level control, plus a MIDI port. Completely bus powered - no external power supply required.
Use this interface to interact with most software around town - or simply use the included StudioOne Artist 2 - PreSonus' own DAW for Mac and Windows. It's seriously good.
2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced ¼" instrument input
- Class A XMAX™ mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
1 stereo ¼” headphone output with level control
1 USB 2.0 port
Meters, Controls, and Features:
48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
Main-output level control
Power/USB sync LED
LED clip indicator for each channel
Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal processing from your laptop or other computer
24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
Zero-latency analog monitoring with playback/input Mix control knob
Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
1/3U rack-mountable (screw-mount to standard rack tray, not included)
Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
Weighs just 0.7 kg
Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
Virtual StudioLive™ (VSL) ultra-low-latency control and effects software for Mac® and Windows®; manages:
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 4x2 DSP mixer
- StudioLive™16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input, and analog output and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
Studio One® Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows, with unlimited track count and 10+ GB of third-party resources.