Which one is your favourite C414? Every 10 or so years, the C414 microphones get refreshed it seems. The latest incarnations offer you the choice between this C414XLII, or the C414XLS.
The C414XLII is the successor of the famous C 414 B-TL II. It shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivalled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambience miking.
The XLII version differs from the XLS version in one major respect - the capsule. Both, the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary C12 microphones.
In the box:
- C414XLII microphone
- H85 shockmount
- PF80 popfilter
- W414 foam windscreen
- Metal carrying case
- Sonic character of the famous AKG C12 - delivers astounding sound quality for lead vocals and solo instruments
- Nine selectable polar patterns - for the perfect setting for every application
- Three attenuation levels (-6/-12/-18dB) - for close-up recording or high-output sources of up to 158dB SPL
- Three switchable different bass-cut filters - to reduce wind noise, stage vibration or proximity effect
- Overload warning with audio peak hold LED - to detect shortest audio peaks