Which one is your favourite C414? This could be the shortform answer, or the longform question. Just about every diligent studio engineer has had a go at a 414 at some stage, whether it be an old 'EB' from back in the day, or perhaps on of the 'B-TLII' or 'B-ULS' models from around the '90s.
Every 10 or so years, the C414 microphones get refreshed it seems. The latest incarnations offer you the choice between this C414XLS, or the C414XLII.
The C414XLS maintains the sonic character of the legendary C 414 B-ULS, the longest-lived C 414 model. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it is the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades.
In the box:
- C414XLS microphone
- H85 shockmount
- PF80 popfilter
- W414 foam windscreen
- Metal carrying case
- Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound - for beautifully detailed recording of vocals and any acoustic instrument
- Nine selectable polar patterns - for the perfect setting for every application
- Three attenuation levels (-6/-12/-18dB) - for close-up recording or high-output sources of up to 158dB SPL
- Three different switchable bass-cut filters - to reduce wind noise, subsonic noise or proximity effect
- Overload warning with audio peak hold LED - to detect shortest audio peaks