Go to a list of 'my favourite mic for...' and you'll see a bunch of different brands and models. Around the world, the more lists you read, the more you realise that a handful of mics appear on everyone's list. Drum overheads and acoustic guitar - AKG C451EB is a great match. In fact, the 451 was so popular that it was re-released in the early '00s as C451B.
Cardioid condenser with 20 to 20,000 Hz response, and a nice gentle slope up all the way along the graph. Includes 0, -10 & -20dB pad.
In the box:
- C451B cardioid condenser
- SA60 microphone stand adaptor
- W90 foam windscreen
- Carry bag
- Sound of the legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule from 1969 - delivers stunning sound quality with maximum accuracy
- Established tour sound standard since the 1980s - for excellent sound quality even under harsh on-stage conditions
- Impressive sound pressure level capability of 155dB SPL - allows close-miking of high-energy sound sources without distortion
- Highly effective high-pass filter with 12dB/octave - prevents low-end distortion caused by rumble or wind noise
- Transformerless preamp and surface mount technology - provides extremely low distortion, highest reliability and less weight