When the studio has moved from a small setup to something a little larger, it might be time to take full control of your monitor setup.
Central Station Plus is perfect for running your rig, your way.
You mostly monitor on near-fields, but occasionally switch to big main speakers or a second set of near-fields. You need to be able to switch between multiple sources and want to hear what your mix sounds like with and without subwoofer. You want to monitor straight from digital sources as well as analog. And you don’t want cables cluttering your workspace in order to achieve all that.
On the back of the rackmountable Central Station, you get three sets of Speaker outputs, a set of Main outputs, and a set of Cue outputs.
There are inputs via TRS1 (2 inputs), TRS2 (2 inputs) and Aux (RCA), along with your digital options of SPDIF or TOSLINK.
To help even further with a smooth workflow and less clutter, the fully functioned CSR-1 remote is included, with an elegant desktop slope.
Metering on the front panel of Central Station is by way of dual 30-segment, tri-colored, fast-acting, peak-hold LED meters, which can display dBu and dBfs. A 'clear' switch lets you clear the peak-hold.
Central Station meters are accurate within 0.25 dB and can detect signals within a frequency range of 10 Hz to 22 kHz. You can (and should) calibrate the meters to match your DAW or other audio device.
Central Station Features:
- 3 sets of stereo analog inputs let you switch between sources
- 2 sets of S/PDIF digital inputs (coax and optical)
- 3 sets of stereo speaker outputs with:
- Speaker Select switches
- Recessed trim pot for each speaker output
- Cue section with:
- Input-select switch
- Main section with:
- Input-select switch
- Aux-input level control
- Output-level control
- Mute, Dim (-20 dB), and Mono switches
- 2 headphone outputs, each with:
- Dual-function volume controls
- Main-Cue input switches
- Passive audio path: no op amps or IC's in main audio path
- Onboard talkback microphone
- Talkback microphone input w/level control (feeds headphone and cue outputs)
- Dual 30-segment, fast-acting, peak-hold LED metering (dBu and dBfs) with:
- Clear Peak switch
- Calibrate to match DAW or other audio device
- Footswitch jack for hands-free talkback operation
Included CSR-1 Remote provides control of:
- Main Volume
- Input select
- Output select
- 4 balanced ¼" analog line inputs (2 L/R pairs)
- 2 unbalanced RCA analog line inputs (L/R pair)
- 1 stereo S/PDIF optical (TOSLINK) digital input
- 1 stereo S/PDIF coax (RCA) digital input
- 1 balanced XLR talkback-microphone input
- 6 balanced ¼", line-level speaker outputs (3 L/R pairs) w/separate, passive volume controls
- 2 balanced ¼", line-level Main outputs (1 L/R pair) with source selection
- 2 balanced ¼", line-level Cue outputs (1 L/R pair) with volume control and source selection
- 2 stereo ¼" headphone jacks w/dual-function volume controls and Main-Cue input switches
- 1 DB15 port for Control Station Remote (CSR-1)
- S/PDIF coax and optical digital inputs
- High-definition, 24-bit, 192 kHz D/A converters (115 dBu dynamic range)
- 1U 19" rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- External AC power supply