The original D12 by AKG was a cracking kick drum mic, that also sounded great when picking up bass cabs for recording applications. This new version has got a couple of tricks up its sleeve to really help enhance your drum recordings.
While it's a dynamic mic (usually requiring no phantom power), if you stick some phantom up the mic lead for this one, the active filters get going - three active filter presets match the sound shape with your kick drum’s character. When activated, the output level is automatically reduced by 10 dB. The filter settings can be controlled using a switch on the microphone body. Without phantom power, the microphone operates in passive mode and delivers the instruments pure sound.
Its warm sound is realized by the original C414 transformer, especially impressive at high signal levels. Integrated stand mount to ensure you never lose the clip.
In the box:
- D12VR microphone
- Protective pouch
- Ultra thin diaphragm - for accurate reproduction of the instruments sound
- Optimized bass chamber - for enhanced low frequency performance
- Patented switchable active-filter presets - three sound shapes to match the drums character
- Original C414 transformer - delivers a warm sound especially at high signal levels
- Cardioid polar pattern - rejects overspill from nearby instruments