Ortofon Concorde MKII DIGITAL Cartridge (Red/White) is optimised for timecoded vinyl use.
Single Cartridge pack. For the TWIN pack, check out DIGITAL-2 here
Concorde DIGITAL is designed to extend the life of timecode vinyl and minimise errors in decoding.
At the same time, DIGITAL provides optimal output voltage and sound quality for use with conventional vinyl. This optimised 10 mV output voltage maximises the signal-to-noise ratio of the audio being fed to the software, which results in better interpretation of the timecode signal.
Furthermore, a decrease in the reproduction of frequencies where vinyl wear & crackle occur helps to minimise errors in the interpretation of the timecode signal and helps timecoded vinyl records last longer.
Cartridge Weight: 18.5g
See the rest of our Ortofon offering here
Concorde MKII Digital features:
- Stylus Type: Spherical
- Tracking Force (recommended): 4g
- Tracking Force (range): 3-5g
- Output: 10mV
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 18kHz
Concorde MkII series features:
There are 5 Moving Magnet cartridges in the Concorde MkII series: MIX, DJ, CLUB, SCRATCH and DIGITAL – a clear product range for five applications and technological improvements for better performance.
- All models benefit from a replaceable reinforced finger lift, which is easily replaced if broken.
- The cartridge bodies have been broadened, to offer greater stability during performances.
- Replacement styli offer a tactile feedback when seating, indicating a snug and secure fit, while a cut-out area in the front allows for far more accurate needle drops.
- The Concorde MkII’s unique 2-seqment body design creates a fresh and attractive aesthetic.
Concorde MIX offers a budget-friendly, yet high quality option capable of good all-round performance, while the Concorde DJ is considered the jack-of-all-trades, boasting accurate sound reproduction and excellent groove handling. The Concorde CLUB features a special Elliptical diamond and offers the best sound quality achievable for traditional vinyl playback and offers an outstanding platform for archival and sampling. The Concorde SCRATCH allows turntablist and scratching DJs to achieve new levels of performance with an unprecedented tracking ability and extra high output, and the specially-optimised Concorde DIGITAL offers both of these features with a technology designed to extend the life of timecode vinyl and minimize errors in decoding.