Ortofon Concorde MKII DJ Cartridge (Blue/Orange) is great for any style of music.
Single Cartridge pack. For the TWIN pack, check out DJ-2 here
Concorde DJ is considered the jack-of-all-trades, boasting accurate sound reproduction and excellent groove handling.
It has a spherical stylus and an extremely balanced cantilever that provides outstanding rigidity. Not only does the cartridge have a most sufficient tracking ability, it also provides DJs with the most needed stringency and very low record wear.
All in all: improved tracking, alongside of accurate sound reproduction and an excellent groove handling.
Cartridge Weight: 18.5g
See the rest of our Ortofon offering here
Concorde MKII DJ features:
- Stylus Type: Spherical
- Tracking Force (recommended): 4g
- Tracking Force (range): 3-5g
- Output: 6mV
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
Concorde MkII series features:
There are 5 Moving Magnet cartridges in the Concorde MkII series: MIX, DJ, CLUB, SCRATCH and DIGITAL – a clear product range for five applications and technological improvements for better performance.
- All models benefit from a replaceable reinforced finger lift, which is easily replaced if broken.
- The cartridge bodies have been broadened, to offer greater stability during performances.
- Replacement styli offer a tactile feedback when seating, indicating a snug and secure fit, while a cut-out area in the front allows for far more accurate needle drops.
- The Concorde MkII’s unique 2-seqment body design creates a fresh and attractive aesthetic.
Concorde MIX offers a budget-friendly, yet high quality option capable of good all-round performance, while the Concorde DJ is considered the jack-of-all-trades, boasting accurate sound reproduction and excellent groove handling. The Concorde CLUB features a special Elliptical diamond and offers the best sound quality achievable for traditional vinyl playback and offers an outstanding platform for archival and sampling. The Concorde SCRATCH allows turntablist and scratching DJs to achieve new levels of performance with an unprecedented tracking ability and extra high output, and the specially-optimised Concorde DIGITAL offers both of these features with a technology designed to extend the life of timecode vinyl and minimize errors in decoding.