MixRack is the heart of any dLive system. DM48 has 128 x 64 I/O capabilities, with physical I/O comprising 48 mix/line inputs via XLR, 24 line outputs via XLR, plus ME-1 port, 3 x I/O Ports and 1 x PSU.
DM48 houses the XCVI processing core, complete with audio I/O, control and audio networking ports. It is typically connected to a dLive Surface, but can also be controlled at the same time as or even without a Surface using a laptop or iPad, Allen & Heath IP remotes or third party controllers via TCP/IP.
There are 3 sizes of dLive MixRack available (DM48 is the 'medium' size). All feature the same mix engine and differ only in the number of analogue I/O. All models can work with the full 128 channels by adding DX expanders or patching digital sources.
The power of dLive emanates from the XCVI Core, with 36 parallel virtual processing cores generating enough power for 160×64 channels of processing at 96kHz sampling rate.
Six parallel mixing engines within the Core calculate over 10,000 cross points per sample, while the FPGA router has capacity for 3,000 x 3,000 audio paths.
The massive power of XCVI (25 billion operations per second) allows dLive to deliver 128 full processing inputs and 16 stereo FX returns, a configurable 64 bus architecture, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, a virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to a 96bit accumulator, and class leading latency at an ultra-low 0.6ms.
Check out dLIVE-S5000 surface here
dLive DM32 MixRack features:
- 48 mic/line inputs, 24 line outputs
- XCVI 160×64 FPGA core
- 96kHz sample rate
- Variable bit-depth for ultimate precision and noise performance
- Virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to 96bit accumulator
- Class leading, ultra-low latency < 0.6ms
- 128 Input Channels with full processing
- 64 Mix Outputs with full processing
- Configurable 64 bus architecture (group, FX, aux, matrix, mains)
- LR, LCR and up to 5.1 mains mode
- Multiple PFLs
- 16 RackExtra FX with dedicated stereo returns
- 16 DCAs
- Built-in signal generator and RTA
- New preamp design for extra transparency
- Unique Active PAD circuit for consistent performance with any source
- Connection hub
- Dual redundant GigaACE gigabit link to Surface
- 2x redundant DX links for I/O expansion
- 3x I/O Ports – 128 ch 96 kHz each
- Dedicated ME-1 48kHz port
- 2x Network ports
- Wordclock BNC I/O
- Dual redundant, hot swappable power supply
- Flush front panel with ultra quiet fan
- Reversible rack ears design