PreSonus Eris E3.5 Studio Monitors are a little different to the rest of the ERIS range.
Rather than being aimed squarely at those focusing on music production, Eris 3.5 are suited for a variety of project / office / home spaces, for either video production, music production, or just kicking back and listening to some tunes while you're 'working' on a spreadsheet.
Eris E3.5 are sold as a 'pair', with the LEFT speaker handling all input, control and power duties.
On the front, you get your power switch (with "soft start" feature to eliminate popping on power-up), the volume knob, an AUX input (1/8" minijack) for when you need a quick alt-source, plus the headphone socket (which defeats the speakers, for 'silent' monitoring).
Rear of the left speaker has the rest of your control and inputs. There's a pair of balanced 1/4" (TRS) inputs, or you can go in via the pair of RCA, if you'd prefer. You also get some 'acoustic tuning' contol, to help compensate for the space you're in - with adjustments for both high and low frequency. There's also the 'speaker wire' outputs to send to the Right speaker (which is a totally passive speaker, with no control).
Eris E3.5 features:
Components and construction
- 3.5-inch (89 mm) Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Rear-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Front-panel Volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
Power and safety
- 50 watt (25W/side), Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier "soft start" feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS, unbalanced 1/8-inch stereo, and RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 1/8-inch output