Eris E8 studio monitors present a clear audio picture, at an entry-level price.
Every Eris-series studio monitor incorporates a custom-woven Kevlar® low-frequency driver. The weave and nature of the Eris E8’s eight-inch Kevlar woofer helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener's ear. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound.
The silk dome tweeter is designed to radiate sound with a wide dispersion pattern, creating a larger sweet spot. The result is a smooth and refined sound that accurately reproduces transients and high frequencies.
Input is easy, with unbalanced RCA, along with balanced ¼” and XLR on board. There is a also a variety of controls on the back panel.
A three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further tame room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate subwoofer into your monitor setup.
And, as with many nearfield monitors thesedays, Eris E8 monitors have on-board amplification. 75w goes to the LF, and a further 65w is reserved for HF.
Come in and have a listen to the Presonus studio monitor range in our South Melbourne showroom.
- 8-inch woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1" (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 105 dB maximum continuous SPL
E8 User controls:
- HF Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
E8 amplification and protection:
- 130 watt, Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier "soft start" feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
- Balanced XLR & 1/4"
- Unbalanced RCA inputs