Let’s be perfectly clear, this is NOT a Pultec EQP-1A.
Warm Audio does a great job of recreating classic and revered studio tools, and bringing them to a price point that is accessible.
EQP-WA is Warm Audio’s take on the famous Pultec EQP-1A. The overwhelming differences between the two… EQP-WA is 2 rack units, rather than the 3RU of Pultec goodness; and you won’t need to sell a kidney to purchase EQP-WA.
Here’s a blurb from Warm Audio:
"Not only does the look and feel of the EQP-WA match the classic Pultec units, but the sonic quality has been carefully considered by using top-end components such as CineMag transformers and premium tubes. This fully discrete Tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and lustre to mixes that’s nearly impossible to achieve inside-the-box. We are proud to have once again redefined the industry standard by bringing a fully professional-grade equaliser to the market at a price that's just as remarkable as the unit"
And for those wanting to have a crack at the 'low end trick', there’s enough boost (12 dB) and cut (18 dB) at a variety of Low Frequencies to help you get creative. Here’s what’s on offer:
Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz (12 db)
Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz (18 db)
High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz (18 db)
High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz (14 db)
- Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12 db.
- Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18 db.
- High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18 db.
- High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14 db.
- Boost and Cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect
- Utilises premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Tube Equaliser based on the classic "Pultec" EQP-1A.
- Premium high voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes.
- CineMag inductor EQ section.
- EQ section is bypassable - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect.
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced outputs.
- Flat frequency response from 20 Hz - 50 kHz.
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced inputs.
- No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier.
- 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility.
- Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet.
- Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 6 inches - 2RU rack mountable.