Out of the vast number of portable column speaker and sub combos that have appeared over the past few years, Electrovoice Evolve 50 in stunning WHITE has leapt to the front of the ‘most requested’ queue.
The simplicity of this system is just part of the charm, with the overall sound and feature set all helping make Evolve 50 an attractive package.
You get: A wooden, ported, powered subwoofer enclosure that houses a 12” driver, with 500w ready to go. The 'column’ component features eight 3.5" neodymium drivers, and another 500w power comes packed in the subwoofer, ready to make this column sing.
The eight composite waveguides control high frequencies with 120° of horizontal coverage, and 40° of asymmetrical (down-facing) vertical coverage to ensure suitable output for sitting and standing audiences. The sub pole and column array come pre-packaged in a carrying bag.
But that’s not all: Typical of EV, there are some ‘smarts’ built into the Subwoofer input section, for easy operation via four presets (Music, Live, Speech, Club), threeband EQ, five user?programmable presets, output delay, phantom power, input level control and metering, and master volume control to optimise gain structure.
Evolve 50 Weights:
Sub - 20.3 kg
Column - 4.7 kg
Pole - 1.25 kg
Bag for column and pole - 0.85kg
Evolve 50 features:
- EV QuickSmart Mobile application - quickly and wirelessly configure, control, and monitor up to six EVOLVE 50 systems simultaneously, and receive immediate notification during critical performance conditions
- High-quality Bluetooth® audio streaming forbackground music or musical accompaniment
- Ultra-wide 120° horizontal coverage via custom-designed waveguides, and array-formed 40° asymmetrical vertical coverage means all acoustical energy is directed towards both sitting and standing audiences
- QuickSmartDSP provides best-in-class processing via EV's signature single-knob user interface with LCD
- Ideal for portable applications. Light weight and intuitive assembly via the magnet-assisted sub pole make a quality performance easier than ever