Zoom has come a long way in the past few years, and with the release of F8n multitrack field recorder, they've stepped it up another level, and then some.
With 8 high gain, low noise preamps on board, coupled with some premium converters under the hood, F8n can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters designed to provide overload protection. Limiting can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 to 20dB of headroom.
State-Of-The-Art Time Code
F8n utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video. When powered off, the F8n will maintain up to 0.2 ppm accuracy. Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors.
Redundancy = Precious Protection, and F8n has loads of this, including Dual SD card recording, Three power sources, dual-channel recording and Pre-record (capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button)
iOS Wireless Control
Zoom F8 Control App for iOS provides extensive wireless remote control of F8n from your iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth LE protocol. Functions include mixer pan and fader levels as well transport controls. It also monitors input levels, current time code, and battery status. When you’re finished, you can even enter file and metadata info directly from your iOS device.
Some make sound. Others make history.
It's more than a slick tagline by Zoom. Check out the video tab for some inspiration by GoT Sound Designer, Paula Fairfield.
Capable of recording 360° audio, F8n is a must-have for engineers of the future. The F8n Ambisonics mode features A to B decoding, gain and settings linking, and a customised metering screen.
?For the ultimate VR rig, pair the Zoom F8n with a Sennheiser AMBEO VR mic. This combination lets you capture premium 360° audio anywhere and everywhere.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 1kg (without batteries)
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ?" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
- Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry