Smallest of the Zoom Handy Recorder range, H1n is an update of the original H1 recorder.
It's lightweight at just 60g (without batteries), pocket sized and ready for action anytime. The two onboard cardioid condenser mics are set in an X/Y pattern for stereo imaging, and protected by the stylish housing.
Record to WAV for 24 bit/96kHz for maximum clarity, or go the MP3 option up to 320kbps for maximum record time.
You can use up to a 32 GB microSDHC card to record about 15 hours of audio in 24-bit/96 kHz WAV format or a whopping 555 hours in 128 kbps MP3 format.
An 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mic/line input lets you record with your external microphones or other sound sources, and supplies plug-in power (2.5 volts). Connect headphones via the minijack headphone output with dedicated volume control. You can also use the H1n's built-in speaker to listen to your recordings.
Not only does the X/Y capsule config pick up a wonderful stereo field (see example in video tab below), H1n retains the thread adpater (as found in original H1) on the 'rear', for easy camera mounting, and now includes a new tone generator - making it easy to calibrate your H1n and camera audio levels.
Zoom has a huge range of recorders, cameras and interfaces. See the range here
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25" monochrome LCD display
- Intuitive menus for easy operation
- Stereo X/Y 90° microphones handle up to 120 dB SPL
- Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Limiter button for input signal up to 120 dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo Bounce functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries