Aphex HeadPod4 is a neat solution to a variety of ‘problems’ in the studio.
For starters, you get 4 individual headphone amplifiers built in – each with their own volume control on the top panel. This means that you can use headphones with varying impedance, without changing the quality or volume of the sound. Each output is completely independent.
Flick around to the back, and you’ll notice a variety of source inputs.
Analogue 1 – Separate Left and Right 1/4" Jack inputs
Analogue 2 – A single Stereo 1/4" Jack input
Digital S/PDIF – via 75Ω RCA input
Select your input source via the top panel knob, set your input volume (labelled MASTER), and you're ready to go.
Did we mention - unlike many other alternatives in this class - Aphex HeadPod4 is made in USA
Aphex Headpod4 features:
- Professional Monitoring for all headphone types
- Individual volume controls
- High headroom (no clipping at high headphone levels)
- Durable metal jacks
- Ultra low distortion & wide frequency response
- Master volume to match source level
- Ultra low crosstalk
- Works from any analog source
- S/PDIF Input
- Top panel input selection
- Listen longer with less fatigue
- Overcomes limitations of typical headphone outputs
- Four independent stereo power amplifiers
- Small size travels easily