For anyone who is familiair with the Austrian Audio story, you'll already know there is some serious heritage packed in the knowledge base of their design and engineering team.
Hi-X55 closed headphones are not a 'nod to the past' however. Austrian Audio has stepped up and designed a headphone for now and beyond.
Have a quick peep at the video tab for some can't-be-bothered-reading inspiration. We were certainly inspired! Not as much as we were when it came time for a test listen though. Hi-X55 headphones are very impressive.
Here are some words from Austrian Audio:
"Developed from scratch, the all new 44mm Hi-X driver features a ring magnet system. It allows improved air-flow and the strongest magnetic field in its class. This ring magnet structure coupled with a copper-clad aluminum voice coil reduces the weight of the membrane and voice coil that sits on it allowing it to move or change direction faster providing a better impulse reaction, highly desired for contemporary as well as traditional music production"
"Engineered and manufactured in Austria, Hi-X55 is tailored to suit the demanding production conditions of today. With the all-digital signal chain, using 24bit or even 32bit, the dynamic depth of contemporary source tracks puts engineer and material at the mixing desk to the test"
- High Excursion proprietary drivers - Designed for today's contemporary music production
- All metal hinges and bow for maximum durability - Ensuring maximum durability and stability
- Detachable cable - For replaceability, compact portability and safety from damage
- Foldable construction - For maximum portability and easy storage
- Furnished with 3.5mm (1/8 inch) to 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter - Pro or on-the-go
- Soft slow retention memory foam earpads - Providing greatest comfort during long sessions
Frequency range: 5 Hz - 28 kHz
Sensitivity: 118dBspl/V THD (@ 1kHz): < 0.1%
Impedance: 25 Ω
Input Power: 150 mW
Cable (detachable): 3m
Connector: 3.5mm (1/8”)
Adapter (included): 3.5mm to 6.3mm (1/8” to 1/4")
Dimensions: 300 x 170 x 85 mm
Weight (without cable): 305g