There are many high quality wireless in ear monitoring systems available, but for performers who are pretty much stationary, it can be overkill.
Presonus HP2 offers a handy solution, as both a high quality headphone amplifier – with the option of either battery or mains power.
PreSonus HP-series headphone amplifiers are proven performers, and very popular for their loud, clean, clear sound and roadworthy built quality. HP2 delivers these qualities in an easily affordable, stereo device.
The two XLR line-level inputs are accessed via the supplied ‘breakout’ cable, and you get a single stereo 1/8” (mini-jack) headphone output with volume control. Operation can be switched between stereo and mono, and a Pan knob is provided.
For added flexibility, HP2 can mount onto a microphone stand, or clip to your belt.
HP2 can be powered with an external DC power supply (included) or a nine-volt battery that lasts more than seven hours and includes an LED battery indicator.
- Battery-powered, stereo headphone amplifier
- Volume control knob
- Pan control knob
- Stereo/mono operation switch
- Battery-health LED indicators
- Belt clip
- Inputs: 2 female XLR connectors
- Output: stereo, 1/8” phone connector
- 2m cable (5-pin mini XLR to 2 female XLRs) included
Physical and Power
- 9V battery or DC power supply
- 5/8-inch (27 tpi) microphone stand-mount socket