Sennheiser has finally come to play at the 'in-ear' party. IE40PRO sound-isolating, in-ear monitoring headphones offer a precise sound at both low and high levels, with excellent attenuation of stage sound.
Released late in 2018, the IE40PRO (also available in clear) takes a simple approach to tick all the boxes.
Stereo minijack, with a right-angle plug, all attached to a rugged, 1.3m cable - which is removable from the earbuds.
The IE40PRO uses a next-generation dynamic single-driver. It sounds "well-rounded", and its frequency spectrum has been considerably expanded. There are no distortions because the special diaphragm – unlike the more rigid drive principle of the multi-way drivers – resonates easily even at maximum sound levels. Phase problems and dissonances in the inner ear are therefore also precluded. The difference is audible, even noticeable in the entry-level model.
Impedance: 20 ohms
Frequency response: 20 - 18,000 Hz
Sound pressure level: 115 dB
THD: < 0.1 % (1kHz, 94dB)
Cable length: 1.3m
Transducer principle: Dynamic
Attenuation: < 26 dB
In the box:
- 1x IE 40 Pro
- 3x Silicone Adapter (S, M, L)
- 1x Foam Adapter (M)
- 1x Soft pouch
- 1x Cleaning tool
- Innovative, dynamic 10mm broadband transducer for powerful, precise monitoring
- Dynamic driver system reduces acoustic stress factors through homogenous, distortion-free reproduction
- Secure fit and high level of wearing comfort; Innovative single driver design enables a slim and ergonomic construction
- Excellent shielding thanks to optimized earpiece and flexible silicone and foam tips
- Cable with innovative internal cable duct (patent pending), fit for stage use