Never shy of blowing their own trumpet, IK Multimedia has claimed iLoud to be "the first studio-quality portable speaker designed for musicians and audiophiles"
There's actually a stack of nice features built into iLoud - yet it's still, surprisingly, only 1.3kg and very compact at 250 x 160 x 60mm.
Let's start with the power - you get a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, providing 'up to 10 hours' for normal usage, or 3hrs when you turn iLoud up to full bottle.
Look closely under the protective mesh grille, and you'll see 2 x 3" neodymium woofers, along with 2 x ¾" neodymium tweeters. The 40w total power is distributed as 2x16W low-frequency, 2x4W high frequency.
Connectivity is the key ingredient to making iLoud a ripper little portable monitor. It's designed to be used with most Bluetooth-enabled devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android smartphones and tablets, and most Mac or PC computers. It's also equipped with a wired input for connecting an MP3 player or other non-Bluetooth device, using a standard 1/8" (mini) cable.
The kicker: iLoud features a built-in iRig circuit for directly connecting a guitar or a dynamic microphone, allowing you to take advantage of real time sound processing of apps such as AmpliTube or VocaLive.
- 40 Watts total musical power
- Superior bass response and sound accuracy
- Bluetooth and stereo analog line input
- Battery powered with 10 hours normal usage and auto standby
- iRig® input for guitars and dynamic mics for iPhone/iPad processing
- Highly portable — it easily fits in a laptop bag or backpack
- Ideal for music reproduction and music creation
iLoud key specs:
- 40W total power (2x16W low-frequency, 2x4W high frequency).
- Frequency response 50Hz to 20kHz.
- Four Class-D Amplifiers, bi-amped system.
- Two way 2x3" neodymium woofers & 2x3/4" neodymium tweeters.
- High performance bass-reflex port.
- 1/4" iRig® input for connecting guitars and dynamic microphones to iOS devices.
- Bluetooth compatible with A2DP protocol.
- 1/8" stereo analog line input.
- DSP controlled.
- Superior low-frequency extension and sound accuracy.
- Auto Standby.
- Integrated high-performance Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
- Battery duration at maximum volume: up to three hours. Normal usage: up to ten hours.
- iLoud speaker
- Power supply
- Power supply cable
- TRRS audio cable (1m/3.3ft)
- Quick start guide
- Registration card