Beyer M160 is a smooth ribbon mic with a hypercardioid polar pattern. It absolutely shines in the studio, capturing instruments in the way that only a ribbon mic can.
M160 is an outstanding microphone for all types of remote and in-studio voice reproduction. In the recording studio, M160 is recommended for string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms.
The non-glare black surface of the M160 and its small dimensions allow the unobtrusive use in TV or film studios.
MS Recording with Ribbons
In conjunction with the M130 dynamic double ribbon microphone the M160 is ideal for stereo recordings in MS (mid-side) configuration.
- Instrumental miking such as saxophone
- Miking of drums (toms, hi-hat)
- MS-stereophony with M130
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound