Apple MMEL2AM/A Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is ideal for use with audio interfaces.
Connect your Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices such as ‘External Hard Drives’ and ‘Audio Interfaces’ to the new Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) type connection standard on the current Mac models.
This is also a bidirectional adapter that can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac with the older Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 type ports. *macOS Sierra or later OS is required. Mac must be Thunderbolt enabled.
Please note that the older ‘Display Port’ looks exactly the same, but it is different and will only work with the ‘display port’ screen adapter.
Not the exact item you’re looking for?
See more options available via the Apple brand page in our webstore.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
This adapter can be used to connect Thunderbolt-enabled displays, however, using this adapter with a Thunderbolt Display requires a power source because the display does not provide power through the adapter.
Please note: This adapter does not support DisplayPort displays like the Apple LED Cinema Display or third-party DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort displays.
Compatible Mac Models:
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
*macOS Sierra or later OS required.