Rode's debut into the world of ribbon microphones looks to be ticking all the boxes already.
Carefully made in Australia, Rode has produced one of the finest ribbons available, at just 1.8 microns, offering the highest level of sensitivity across the useable frequency response range.
With extra attention being paid to the internal suspension, no external shockmount is required for NTR. In other words, it not only looks stealth, NTR is stealth.
Sonically, the NTR is capable of reproducing unprecedented high frequency detail and accuracy, addressing common criticisms of other ribbon microphones, while opening up the possible usage scenarios considerably. This allows it to record sound sources that usually require a more sensitive microphone element.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- Ten year extended warranty (with online registration)
|Acoustic Principle||Velocity Transducer|
|Active Electronics||Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage|
|Frequency Range||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||15dB-A|
|Dimensions||216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here|