RME OctaMic II is an 8 Channel Mic Preamp and AD Converter with ADAT and Analog Outputs.
Pure, simple and very portable 1RU rack unit. Great sounding RME Preamplifiers at an amazing price point.
Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfectly linear frequency response transmit and amplify the microphone signals truly unchanged.
The OctaMic II provides 8-Channel 192 kHz / 24 bit AD conversion with eight hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification channels, featuring a combination of sophisticated components and approved RME technology
Each channel contains switches for 48V phantom power, a low cut filter and phase reversal. Amplification can be set between 6 and 60 dB. LEDs for signal, clip, and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status.
The balanced line level output signal is available at the back of the unit via 8 stereo TRS jacks.
The 8-Channel AD-conversion of the OctaMic II operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitised signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX, up to 96 kHz), and at a DB-25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs, up to 192 kHz). The digital part can be clocked internally (master) and externally via word clock, AES/EBU and SPDIF.
OctaMic II features & specs:
- 8 balanced XLR/TRS mic/line inputs
- 54 dB gain range
- Input impedance: XLR 2 kOhm, TRS 5 kOhm
- Analog input level: from -40 dBu up to +21 dBu
- Maximum output level: +21 dBu
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable Hi Gain / +4 dBu / -10 dBV
- Signal to noise ratio (SNR): 129 dB EIN @ 150 Ohm
- THD: < 0.0005 % @ 30 dB Gain
- Large frequency range (200 kHz) with special EMI input filtering
- Frequency response -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 200 kHz
- Hi-pass filter: 80 Hz, 18 dB/oct.
- Line Out: 1/4" TRS (6.3 mm stereo jack), servo-balanced
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC
- Unbeatable price/performance ratio!
- AD conversion
- SNR: >110 dB(A)
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
- Sync Sources: AES/EBU (also SPDIF coaxial), wordclock, internal
- SteadyClock(TM) ensures best sound quality even with jittery external clocks