RME OctaMic XTC is a high-end 8-Channel Mic Preamp & AD Converter with Multi-Format I/O.
Tired of cheap and nasty sounding built-in mic preamps? You can unveil some depth, detail and precision with this extremly high-quality 8 channel Mic Preamp / AD Converter. Made in Germany with extra love and care, OctaMic XTC is ready to make your microphones come to life.
With eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, OctaMic XTC has an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical.
Analog signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
RME’s outstanding SteadyClock™ ensures perfect AD/DA-conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialized MADI setups.
OctaMic XTC features / specs:
- 8 balanced XLR microphone/line inputs, 4 TRS line, 4 TRS instrument inputs
- 85 dB gain range: Analog input level from -53 dBu up to +32 dBu
- Hi-end circuit design with relais and lowest noise mic preamp
- Nearly noise-free gain changing
- AutoSet: automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Latest generation super low latency AD-converters
- 2 unbalanced hi-power stereo outputs line/phones
- Unit's current state can be stored on 6 memory slots
- Completely remote controllable
- Word clock input and output
- MIDI I/O via DIN, USB (2x) and MADI
- 4 x AES/EBU out via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- MADI I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC
- SNR AD: 113 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
- THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 94 kHz
- SNR DA: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 75 kHz
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Sync Sources: AES/EBU, Word Clock, MADI, ADAT, internal
- SteadyClock™ ensures best sound quality even when synched to jittery external clocks