QSC RMX2450a is a 2 channel power amplifier - 2x 800w at 4 ohms.
The RMXa series of power amplifiers by QSC offers a fair bit of clout, without a hefty price tag. There’s a trade-off? To be fair, RMXa amplifers are not the lightest thing going around - but for a fixed installation, this is surely not a deal-breaker.
Inputs via XLR and 1/4-inch balanced inputs (or barrier-strip, if you’re more the ‘screw-in’ kind of operator), with outputs being Speakon® and binding post. Also on the rear is your “Mode Switches” section, being controls for Clip Limiting, Low Frequency Filters, and Stereo / Parallel / Bridge Modes.
Front panel controls are Ch1 and Ch2 gain knobs, along with clip / signal LED indicators.
Power in Stereo Mode:
2 x 500w @ 8Ω (EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% tdD)
2 x 800w @ 4Ω (EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% tdD)
2 x 1200w @ 2Ω (EIA 1 kHz, 1% tdD)
Power in Bridge-Mono Mode:
1500w @ 8Ω (EIA 1 kHz, 0.1% tdD)
2400w @4Ω (EIA 1 kHz, 1% tdD)
Height: 2 RU
Weight: 20.2 kg
- High-current toroidal transformers, for greater 2-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Balanced 1/4-inch (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs
- Touch-proof binding post and Neutrik Speakon® outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and clip LED indicators for monitoring performance
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers