Need to mix a live performance, and record at the same time? Unless you’re running a digital console with easy-breakout-snake patching, you’ll need a microphone splitter to ensure your recorder and mixer both get a clean signal.
Each channel of the S8 provides one direct output and one transformer isolated output from a single microphone. The direct outputs pass phantom power from the main mixer to the microphones for use with condenser microphones.
The S8 includes a ground-lift switch on each isolated output to reduce noise due to ground loops between connected equipment. For versatility the S8 also features an attenuator pad switch on each input that can be used to connect preamplified signals to the two microphone-level outputs on each channel. Typical preamplified signals would originate from instrument preamplifiers, mixers, keyboards, et cetera.
- Ideal solution for splitting microphone sources to feed multiple mixing consoles
- Fully transformer isolated
- Passes phantom power from main mixer
- Individual ground lift on each channel
- Individual pad switch on each channel