Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is an 18 input, 20 output recording interface, with eight mic / line preamps.
Not only is this 3rd Generation interface rackmountable and chocked with Analogue I/O, Digital I/O, Midi and Clock, it’s also got ridiculously low latency, to help record effortlessly while still using effect plug-ins for some vibe.
Most of the action is on the front panel, with the two XLR/Jack combo inputs having separate controls for gain (knobs), pad and an instrument switch to flick the jack portion of the input from line to instrument (channel 1-2). Also on the front is the gain control knobs for analogue inputs 3-8, along with two phantom power switches (1-4, 5-8). There is also the new switchable Air setting, to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp (Ch 1-8), offering your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound.
You get two front-mounted headphone sockets, each with their own volume control, plus a monitor control konb and 8 channels worth of LED ramp metering for your inputs.
On the back, you’ll find more holes than you can poke a forest of cables at. Mic/Line inputs 3-8 are via combo connectors, Balanced 1/4" jacks provide Monitor outputs L&R, plus line outputs 3-10. There is also MIDI I/O, S/PDIF I/O, Optical I/O, Word Clock output, USB link to computer, and IEC for power.
Focusrite interfaces represent serious power for both performers and engineers alike. The ultra low latency allows for perfect performance - even when tracking vocals while using plenty of effects. Scarlett 18i20 is a fully featured front end for your DAW, and is more than comfortable tracking a full drumkit, or being used for a multitude of commercial projects.
Scarlett 18i20 Gen3 features:
- Eight of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching, and onboard talkback functionality with built-in, front panel talkback mic.
- Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machine and other line-level sources
In the box:
- Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- IEC Cable (Power cable)
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective