Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 is a 4 input, 4 output recording interface, with two mic / instrument preamps.
Not only is this 3rd Generation interface simple and compact, it’s got ridiculously low latency, to help record effortlessly while still using effect plug-ins for some vibe.
Scarlett 4i4 looks similar to the hugely popular Scarlett 2i2, but there’s a few nifty additions.
On the front you get two XLR/Jack compo inputs, each with a gain control knob, pad and 'instrument' selector. There is also the new switchable Air setting, to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp. This offers your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound.
There’s also a ‘global’ phantom power button (in case you're using condenser microphones). There's also a headphone socket on the front, with its own volume control, plus a nice big monitor knob.
Around the back is your 1 - 4 line outputs via balanced 1/4" jack connectors, plus your USB port for connection to computer, which also provides power for Scarlett 4i4. The extra bits that you won’t find on either Scarlett Solo or Scarlett 2i2 are the MIDI OUT and MIDI IN sockets, along with extra 1/4" inputs for the extra inputs - which are fixed-line (not with controllable gain).
Focusrite interfaces represent serious power for both performers and engineers alike. The low latency allows for perfect performance - even when tracking vocals while using plenty of effects. Scarlett 4i4 is an entry-level price for an interface with both audio and MIDI inputs, along with multiple outputs (making it excellent for studio or live use for DJ/producers).
Scarlett 4i4 Gen3 features:
- Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Two balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines and other line-level sources
- Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
In the box:
- Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective