Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 is an 8 input, 6 output recording interface, with two mic / instrument preamps.
Not only is this 3rd Generation interface simple and compact, it’s got ridiculously low latency, to help record effortlessly while still using effect plug-ins for some vibe.
Scarlett 8i6 has a similar form to the new Scarlett 18i8, without the extra optical inputs on the rear, and with less preamps on board.
On the front you get 2x XLR/Jack compo inputs, each with a gain control knob, pad and 'instrument' selector. There is also the new switchable Air setting, to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp. This offers your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound.
There’s also a phantom power button (in case you're using condenser microphones). There are TWO headphone sockets on the front, each with their own volume controls, plus a nice big monitor knob.
Around the back is your 1 - 4 line outputs via balanced 1/4" jack connectors, plus your USB port for connection to computer. The extra bits that you won’t find on smaller Scarlett Gen3 models include MIDI OUT and MIDI IN sockets, and SPDIF I/O. There is also your additional analogue inputs - four 1/4" inputs for the 5-8 input - which are fixed-line (not with controllable gain).
Focusrite interfaces represent serious power for both performers and engineers alike. The low latency allows for perfect performance - even when tracking vocals while using plenty of effects. Scarlett 8i6 is unusual for a compact interface, in that with ‘just’ two mic preamps, you also get two headphone sockets. For tracking nose-to-nose, John and Paul style, it’s perfect - and also suits Producer / Talent, or Engineer / Guest combinations.
Scarlett 8i6 definitely suits mobile applications, along with home and project studios.
Scarlett 8i6 Gen3 features:
- Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Six balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines, and other line-level sources
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals or other outboard gear
In the box:
- Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- 1 x Power Supply
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective