CLEARANCE STOCK ONLY
For the updated version, check Scarlett 4i4 Generation 3 here
Not only is this 2nd Generation interface simple and compact, it’s got ridiculously low latency, to help record effortlessly while still using effect plug-ins for some vibe.
Scarlett 2i4 looks similar to the hugely popular Scarlett 2i2, but there’s a few nifty additions.
On the front you get two XLR/Jack compo inputs, each with a gain control knob and pad switch. If you’re using a microphone, there’s also a ‘global’ phantom power button (in case it’s a condenser mic). Each channel has the option of line/instrument for the ¼” jack input.
There's also a headphone socket on the front, with its own volume control, plus a nice big monitor knob. You can also shift the balance between Input and Playback, plus there’s a handy Stereo / Mono switch for your monitoring, which is great while checking the phase integrity of your mix along the way.
Around the back is a L & R output via balanced 1/4" jack connectors, plus your USB port for connection to computer, which also provides power for Scarlett 2i4. The extra bits that you won’t find on either Scarlett Solo or Scalett 2i2 are the MIDI OUT and MIDI IN sockets, along with ‘extra’ RCA connectors which allow for the extra outputs (ouput 3-4).
Focusrite interfaces represent serious power for both performers and engineers alike. The low latency allows for perfect performance - even when tracking vocals while using plenty of effects. Scarlett 2i4 is an entry-level price for an interface with both audio and MIDI inputs, along with multiple outputs (making it excellent for studio or live use for DJ/producers).
Scarlett 2i4 features:
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot pickups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Cue mix switching, with four analogue outputs
In the box:
- Scarlett 2i4
- USB cable
- XLN Audio - Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite - Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models our classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Softube - Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite - Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton® - Live Lite™: industry leading music-making software
- Avid® - Pro Tools® | First Focusrite Creative Pack: Industry leading music-making software
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries