Focusrite SCSOLO STUDIO GEN3
Scarlett Solo (Generation 3) with Mic and HeadphonesOrder Code: SCSOLOSTUDIOGEN3
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio is an 'all-in-one' kit to kickstart the creative process, with minimum fuss.
Aimed at the 'self-record' crew, this 3rd Generation Scarlett Solo leaves out a few of the I/O features of the larger models, which helps significantly keep the pricing on the friendlier side of the ledger.
On the front you get an XLR input for microphone (with a button for phantom powering your condenser mic, if required), plus the new switchable Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp. This offers your vocal recordings a brighter and more open sound.
To the right of all that, there is also a 1/4" jack input for guitar or bass. Both the mic and the instrument inputs have got plenty of grunt in the preamps, each controllable by individual gain knobs. There's also a headphone socket on the front, with a nice big monitor knob.
Around the back is simply a L & R output, via balanced 1/4" jack connectors, plus your USB port for connection to computer, which also provides power for Scarlett Solo.
Focusrite has added a CM25 MIII condenser microphone and HP60 MkIII headphones into this bundle, allowing you to focus on making music. There's even a nice red microphone cable included (3m length).
If you're already a headphone and microphone owner, bypass the pack and head straight to the Scarlett Solo Gen3 low-latency interface, which is what's bundled here - without the mic and cans. It's a great interface.
Scarlett Solo Studio Gen3 features:
- The best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Large diaphragm condenser mic enables you to capture studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the original source
- The upgraded HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones offer high sound quality and long-lasting comfort, invaluable for recording or mixing
- High headroom instrument input allows you to record guitars and basses without any unwanted clipping or distortion
- With “Quick Start” tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
In the box:
- Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- 1 x Scarlett CM25 MkIII Microphone & mic stand attachment
- 1 x Scarlett HP60 MkIII Headphones
- 1 x 3m XLR cable
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective