Back in 2016, PreSonus introduced their new flagship audio interface, Studio 192.
The features and styling have now trickled down to a new range of portable, high quality, smaller interfaces – including Studio 26.
You get: two front-panel inputs (mic and switchable line/instrument, via combi connectors) with +48V phantom power for condenser mics. Gain control for each input is also on the front panel, along with LED metering for input / output, and you get a headphone control level.
Flip it around, and there is Main L&R output (via TRS), addition line outputs (labelled 3 & 4), also via TRS, plus the headphone output and MIDI.
Or... we could just go with what PreSonus has to say about it:
"Great for podcasters, live streaming, DJs, and musicians on the road or in the studio, the Studio 26 2x4 USB 2.0 bus-powered audio/MIDI interface can record up to 24-bit, 192 kHz audio. Equipped with PreSonus XMAX-L solid-state preamps and high-end converters, it delivers professional quality audio in a rugged, compact enclosure, allowing you to create your next hit in your studio or on the go. A complete, all-in-one recording solution, the Studio 26 comes with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®"
For other Presonus studio/recording solutions, check the list here
Studio 26 features:
- Simultaneous I/O up to 2 inputs/4 outputs
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX-L mic preamps
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line outputs for monitor mixing or speaker switching
- 1 stereo headphone output
- MIDI In/Out
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Direct monitoring
- Cue mix A/B (for headphone output)
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 4 ladder-style LED level meters (2 input, 2 main output)
- USB 2.0
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates
- Studio One® Artist included
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs