Back in 2016, PreSonus introduced their new flagship audio interface, Studio 192.
The features and styling have now trickled down to a new range of portable, high quality, smaller interfaces – including Studio 68.
You get: two front-panel inputs (mic and switchable line/instrument, via combi connectors) with +48V phantom power for condenser mics. Gain control for each input is also on the front panel, along with LED metering for input / output, and you get a headphone control level.
Flip it around, and there is your second pair of mic/line inputs (also on combi connectors). There are 4x line outputs, via TRS, being Main L&R output, addition line outputs (labelled 3 & 4). Also on the rear is your headphone output, along with the break-out plug for S/PDIF and MIDI I/O.
Or... we could just go with what PreSonus has to say about it:
"An excellent choice for producers and musicians working in small studios, the Studio 68 provides the right I/O and features for recording and performing. Equipped with four of our famous XMAX Class A preamps, high-end converters, and cue mix monitoring with an ear-bleedingly loud headphone amp, it delivers professional quality audio and the connections you need to create your next hit and play it at your next gig with 24-bit, 192 kHz resolution. A complete, all-in-one recording solution, the Studio 68 comes with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®."
For other Presonus studio/recording solutions, check the list here
Studio 68 features:
- Simultaneous I/O up to 6 inputs/6 outputs (4x4 at 192 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 2 mic/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line outputs for monitor mixing or speaker switching1 stereo headphone output
- MIDI In/Out
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Direct monitoring
- Cue mix A/B (for headphone output)
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 6 ladder-style LED level meters (4 input, 2 main output)
- USB 2.0
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates
- Studio One® Artist included
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs