The easiest way to work out what a studio subwoofer can do for your nearfield monitoring setup, is to come in and have a listen.
Sub on, sub off. Sub on, sub off.
You’ll pretty quickly get the picture that it’s the best way to get the full picture.
Both this 8” powered T8 and the bigger T10 (10”) Temblor subs have the ability to be used as your input/output monitoring control hub. In other words, stick the Left and Right outputs from your DAW into the T8 inputs (via 2 x 1/4” balanced Jack, or 2 x unbalanced RCA), then choose either a full-range throughput to your near field monitors, or engage the HPF, which removes anything from below 80Hz from getting to your E5, or any other choice of monitor you’re running.
Powerful and musical, Temblor® T8 active, downward-firing subwoofers are designed to deliver fast and accurate transient response, extending low frequencies without a hint of "tubbiness" or overshoot. This ensures that Temblor-series subwoofers complement full-range monitors without overshadowing them, naturally extending the reach of your full-range system's low end so that you can produce your best mix from top to bottom.
Tight, clean, responsive bass.
Temblor T8's glass-composite low-frequency driver delivers tight and responsive bass, thanks to its lightweight and rigid cone. This design also provides lower distortion than other materials, ensuring that the sub-bass reproduction in your monitoring system is as coherent and clear as your full-range monitors.
- 8-inch, downward-firing, glass-composite low-frequency transducer
- Round, front-firing, bass-reflex acoustic port
- 104 dB maximum continuous SPL
T8 User controls:
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz)
- Built-in crossover
- Switchable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Temblor outputs to the main monitors
- Polarity invert
T8 amplification and protection:
- 200 watt, Class AB amplification
- Internal damping and heat sink
- Integrated rubber feet for stable placement
T8 Inputs / Outputs:
- Left and right, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- Left and right, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA outputs