With all the power stored in Zoom's new USB3.0 interface, UAC-2 looks suspiciously like their Thunderbolt version, TAC-2R including the MIDI on the rear, along with some gain control for the two front-mounted mic preamps/instrument DI combi inputs.
UAC-2 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the TAC-2R processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players, even passive instruments such as bass guitar. Dual balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect UAC-2 to your studio monitors. MIDI In and Out is provided to allow precise sync your midi controller.
On the front side, dedicated input gain controls and clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, while the large output knob enables fast control over overall output level.
Do you have Thunderbolt on your computer? You may prefer to look at TAC-2R (thunderbolt interface)
- 2-in/2-out SuperSpeed USB 3.0 audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Loopback function for webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and other live streaming applications
- Low latency overdubbing and direct monitoring for zero-latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic- and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- ¼" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- Compatible with all popular DAW and streaming software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 120dB of dynamic range
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- Works with all USB 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
* Optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required